Thursday, September 14, 2006

September 13th 2006

Yesterday Wednesday September 13th, an armed 25 year old man opened fire at Dawson College (Montreal's largest pre-University College), a young student Anastasia DeSousa was killed and 19 people were injured (some are in a very critical state)...

Today people are trying to find answers for his senseless actions...Perhaps blaming his gothic lifestyle...I think that the problem was deeper inside his own mind...Time may tell...

I am a proud graduate of Dawson College's New School program, class of 92...It was a highlight of my academic years with very fond memories... After hearing of this deadly rampage, all I could do was to imagine all the places that this took place and hope that there would be no one seriously hurt... But unfortunately, that was just a wish...

The Alexis-Nihon shopping mall just next door is very familiar to me, as I go there regularly...It is my favorite shopping destination.

My heart goes to all the victims families and even to the killer's own family, for they also have to come to grip with their son's actions and death...

A Message from Dawson College's Director General: http://www.dawsoncollege.qc.ca/
Get some news : www.cbc.ca

No comments: