Thursday, September 21, 2006

PBS

PBS
I have watched PBS programming for years... I stopped for a few years because, I didn't have cable...I occasionally could catch fuzzy programs with my cheesy antenna...For years they have brought us wonderful instructive and engaging programs: Sesame Street, Mystery, Nova, Julia Childs and my new found culinary interest Ming Tsai (ooh la la, he can cook in my dreams)...In my teens, I saw a documentary on Jackson Pollock that inspired me to make my own drip paintings on paper which I framed and gave to my family for Xmas. In my early twenties, I saw a documentary on John Cage, the musician that made me see everyday sounds as music and silence as a positive addition to all living things... They are a beautiful rainbow spectrum among some of the garbage that is currently on TV...Heck, even the Dalai Lama is addicted to the BBC news seen every night on PBS.See what's playing in your town...www.pbs.org
Ming Tsai’s Website: www.ming.com

No comments: